Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Japanese School Uniform

Japanese school uniforms are interesting because they are quite different from the standard school uniform of Western schools. It has been an iconic look of students in Japan because of the mangas and has even become uhmmm a fetish item for adult entertainment (what?!?!). I really didn't get that latter part but one look at it and I could say that it could pass for a corporate look - I mean the top part of course.

Today's #ootd feature is inspired by these so-called seifuku. It doesn't even have that sailor collar that reminds me of Sailor Moon but I learned that the students vary the layering styles according to seasons - hence here it is a blazer with a color that harmonizes with the skirt (it's actually a bright orange). The necktie is also another variation since most pictures would feature a bow. I just realized that I have experimented with different accessories before - suspenders, belts and hats but never a necktie. Why? Because I don't know how to do it. Lol! So what's the solution? Find a ready-made one in the kiddie section of the department store. Hahaha. I remember my brother having this when he was younger. =))) Of course, if the need arises like getting married in the future, I'd have to learn how to do the proper one for the husband. Right??? Riiiiiggghhhtttt! =))))

 Blazer: Mango
Buttondown: Mango
Skirt: Topshop
Shoes: Marks and Spencer
Bag: Charles 'n Keith
Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka

No comments:

Post a Comment